Birthday Wishes for Monica
My daughter-in-law has a birthday next week. She loves black, red, and deep purple. I dont a deep red flower card for her last year, so I wanted to do something different. I went through my cardstock and found a purple that is almost black. I have a lot of beautiful flower dies, eventually I decided to use the Spellbinders Club Blooms 1/23 Dies to create her card.
I cut the larger flower from the deep purple and smaller flowers for a light purple. The centers of the deep purple wer ink blended with black and the light ones with Gina K. Designs Edible Eggplant Ink. My son said that Monica likes silver over gold, so I pulled out some silver holographic cardstock and cut the flower centers and adhered them in place with liquid glue.
The leaves were cut from a Christmas pine and dark gray cardstocks and ink blended with black on the Christmas pine and Christmas pine ink on the gray. They really look nice.
The add visual interest behind the arrangement a panel of light icy indigo cardstock was cut with a stitched rectangle die and dry embossed with the Spellbinders 3D Floral and Vine Embossing Folder. Edible Eggplant ink was lightly added to the raised areas of the panel. It was adhered to a mat of dark purple cardstock and then to a panel of the light icy indigo, which was adhered to a top folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
The flowers were arranged and then picked up with Glad Press 'n Seal and then adhered in place with a combination of liquid glue and foam tape.
· Spellbinders Club Blooms Dies 1/23
· Couture Collection Sending Love Hot Foil Plates
· Gemini Foil Press Silver Shimmer
· Spellbinders 3D Foral and Vine Embossing Folder
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Christmas Pine, Edible Eggplants
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne
· Copic Markers V99, V95
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· WorldWin Light Icy Indigo Cardstock
· Deep Purple Cardstock from Stash
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Lovely Lavender and Slate Cardstock
· Etcetera Papers Holographic Film Cardstock
· Studio18 Purple Rhinestone
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive