Birthday Balloons Background Happy Birthday
I've said before that I don't like to waste supplies. On the backside of the sunflower paper I used in the last card was this grey and white gingham paper. I also had a little of the red cardstock leftover from another card. I decided to cut them into long skinny flags and adhered the two together.
The red cardstock was a little to bright for the gray gingham, so I pulled out a couple of red inks from Gina K. Designs and ink blended the red flag so it was more of a deeper cherry red. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the red flag and it was adhered to the gingham flag.
I decided to use a large sentiment for this card and pulled out the Waffle Flower Happy Birthday and stamped it with the red inks from Gina K. Designs. It was cutout using the coordinating die and adhered across the two flags.
I didn't like the way it looked on a white cardbase, so I pulled out some gray cardstock and liked that better, but it just needed some visual interest. I thought I had a balloon stencil, but couldn't find it. I did find a balloon background stamp and stamped it on the gray cardstock with VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. The sentiment banner was then adhered in the center of the card.
I liked the way it looked, but I felt it needed a little more color, so I pulled out my Copic Markers and selectively colored some of the balloon a deep red. I liked that much better.
· Waffle Flowers Happy Birthday
· Hero Arts Birthday Balloons Background
· VersaMark Ink
· Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers: R39, R37, R35, R29, R27, R24
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot and Cherry Red Ink
· Distress Oxide Hickory Smoke and Aged Mahogany Ink
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Moonlit Fog Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
· My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Ranger Glossy Accents