• cardtheraphy51

Best Wishes Zach and Renae

Springtime and early summer is a time for weddings and the beginnings of a new life together. In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we believe that marriages can be for time and all eternity when they are performed in a Holy Temple. It's hard to imagine that the years have passed so quickly, but Michael and I will celebrate our 49th anniversary this May. I am grateful to know, that if I live worthy, we can be together forever.


It seems that earth tones are back in vogue. I have two wedding cards to make and both of them have very similar colors. It was a bit of challenge to create flowers with this color palette, but I think they turned out pretty.


I began by stamping the images from Altenew's Vintage Garden onto Hammermill Premium Color 100# Cardstock. This cardstock has a very smooth surface and make coloring with Copic Markers a breeze. I stamped with a light gray ink and left the images in the MISTI. Once the coloring was complete the images were stamped again with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. They were then cut out using the coordinating dies. The dies were also used to cut out sticky back foam for the flowers, which were adhered together by removing the backing paper.


I placed the double flower arrangement on the card at a angle to ensure that they could both fit on the card front. This left an opening on the bottom left that was perfect for a sentiment. I had recently hot foiled a lot of sentiment and filed them away to be used for future cards. I pulled out the "Wishes" sentiment and cut it again from double sided foam and adhered the two together by removing the backing paper. The flowers and sentiment were laid on the top of a side folding cardbase to determine were to stamp the secondary sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss it gold.


I decided to add some visual interest behind the images by dry embossing the front of the cardbase using the Stampin' Up Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. This adds a lovely linen look to the paper. The flowers and sentiment were adhered in place with liquid glue.


I had originally planned to use three flowers for the card, but they were too large for all of them to fit on an A2 cardbase. I put the third flower to good use by adhering it to the envelope.

PRODUCTS USED:

· Altenew Vintage Garden

· Pink Fresh Studio Hot Foil Brushed Sentiments

· Gina K. Designs Stitched Leaves

· VersaMark Ink

· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder

· Copic Markers: YR24, YR23, YR21; YR12, YR02, YR00, R01, R00; YR16, YR15, YR14; E19, E08, E15; E97, E93, E13; YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93; E49, E47, E74

· Hammermill Premium Color 100# Cardstock

· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock

· Darice Sticky Back Foam

· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All