Best Wishes Butterflies
I recently bought some paper from Gina K. Designs and received a free mini stamp called Never Lose Hope which includes two beautiful butterflies. I don't use butterflies much, but I recently saw some cards made by Jennifer McGuire with butterflies and it inspired me to put this stamp set to use.
I stamped the images with VersaMark Ink onto some Hammermill Cardstock and heat embossed them gold. I then ink blended the images with Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks. I wanted a little more vibrancy, so I enhanced the colors with some Copic Markers.
I didn't have matching dies, so I fussy cut the butterflies out with scissors. I decided accentuate the turquoise color in the butterflies and cut a scalloped rectangle from Gina K. Designs Sea Glass Cardstock. I decided to ink blend the panel with Surf Pawsitively Saturated Ink using the Hero Arts Crossing Waves Stencil.
Simon Says Stamps Big Mama Foam Tape was cut to fit the body of the butterflies. I also decided to add a strip behind each wing so that they won't flatten during mailing. There was a little open space that I decided to fill with Martha Stewart's 3 Butterflies Punch and gold mirror cardstock.
The sentiment is a hot foil that I had in my sentiment stash.
· Gina K. Designs Never Lose Hope
· Spellbinders Yana’s Sentiments
· Crafter’s Companion Papercraft Gold Hot Foil
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Sea Foam, Surf, Lilac, Bubblegum
· Copic Markers: V01, V04, R82, BG11, C5, C3
· Martha Stewart 3 Butterflies Punch
· Hero Arts Crossing Waves Stencil
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Sea Glass Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen