I really like the look of these layered roses, but they are not the easiest to figure out where to place each layer and there isn't a layering guide. There are tiny etched lines in the bottom place to know where to place the second layer, but after that it's wherever you think it looks good. I do like the outcome thought. The illustration on the die shows two layers in a dark red and two layers is a light red.
I decided to watercolor my layers, so they were cut from Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I blended three different shades of orange together, with less water used on the lighter layers. The same was done for the yellow flower. The leaves used two different colors of green with different concentration of color. Once the color was applied they were sprayed with water to move the color around and help it blend better. The leaves dried pretty blotchy, so I added more water and used my finger to smooth out the color.
The petals of the leaves were curved around a small brush to add some dimension. Foam tape was added to the back of the second and third layers and the top layer was adhered with liquid glue.
A rectangle of whit cardstock was cut with the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Die and dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder. It was adhered to the front of side folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The flowers and leaves were adhered with liquid glue for the two back flowers and the rose in the foreground was adhered with foam tape.
The hot foil sentiments was pulled from my stash and adhered in place with liquid glue.
· Papertrey Ink Into the Blooms Roses
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Everyday Sentiments
· Crafter’s Companion PaperCraft Gold Hot Foil
· Altenew 36 Pan Watercolors: Crimson, Autumn Blaze, Orange Cream, Sunkissed, Warm Sunshine, Fresh Lemon, Forest Glades, Bamboo
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
· Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Die
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive