Beautiful Blooms Thinking of You
I really like this big flower from My Favorite Things. It really make a statement on a card.
The image was stamped onto some Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink and colored with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers. It was then cutout using the coordinating die. The die was also used to cutout sticky back foam and the two were adhered together by removing the backing paper.
The image does not have any leaves with it, so I pulled out the lovely Simon Says Stamp Etched Laurel Leaves and die cut them from vellum.
A rectangle of white cardstock was cutout using the Pink Fresh Studio Diagonal Stitched die. It adds lovely visual interest. The rectangle was adhered to a cardbase made from Gina K. Designs Island Blue Cardstock. I love the way it really compliments the flower.
The leaves were adhered in place with liquid glue down the center of the leaf. With the etching on the leaves you really can't see the glue. The flower was adhered in place with liquid glue.
When the card was done I felt like the leaves got lost, so I pulled out a very light green Copic Marker and colored them. This was the perfect touch.
A few clear droplets were added around the flower and the card was done.
· My Favorite Things Beautiful Blooms
· Gina K. Designs Delightful Blooms
· Simon Says Stamp Etched Laurel Leaves
· ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 032 Persian Blue, 036 Light Blue
· Copic Markers G82
· Pink Fresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangle
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Island Blue Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets
· Darice Sticky Back Foam