Be Bold Blooms Happy Birthday
I had to wait several weeks to be able to order these pretty flower dies from Spellbinders. Jennifer McGuire used them in a card and things sell out pretty quickly after a video she creates. In Jennifer's card she used different shades of light and dark orange/salmon color and two shades of green cardstock. I decided to make my card from two different shades of pink, as well as two shades of green.
It takes quite a bit of time to die cut this many flowers, but I think the results turn out beautiful. In most of the images using these dies they just cut the flowers and leaves from the cardstock. I wanted to add a little visual interest by ink blending the centers. I really like the subtle depth that it added to them. I also decided to use gold mirror cardstock for the center of the flowers and kept all the little dot details in place.
I used a lot of flowers on my card. Almost all were adhered with liquid glue.
I cut a scalloped rectangle from white cardstock and dry embossed it with the Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder. It is a favorite of mine and I used it all the time. I like the way it gives a linen look to the paper. I arranged the flowers and leaves the way I liked them and then used Press 'n Seal to hold them together while I turned them over to add glue. This makes it easy to keep your arrangement in place. There were a couple of the medium flowers that were adhered with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
Darice Sticky Back Foam Tape was added to the back of the scalloped rectangle and it was adhered to a top folding A2 white cardbase.
I went through my foiled sentiments. When I foil a sentiment I usually foil a whole bunch at one time. That way I have then available for future cards and done have to wait for the machine to heat up and foil them individually. It was adhered in place with foam tape.
The final embellishment was to scatter gold sequins around the flowers.
· Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Everyday Sentiments
· Distress Oxide Inks: Salt Water Taffy, Abandoned Coral, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Fresh Asparagus, Jelly Bean Green, Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Sequins
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· Stampin’ Up Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape