I've seen a lot of people creating cards using the Lawn Fawn Ta-Da Diorama Die. They looked fun and I thought it could make a cut birthday card. I really like the way it turned out, although I think I would use a different cardstock than kraft if I made this again. It was very time consuming and took almost 3 hours to create. I'm sure I would get faster the more I used the die, but it is complicated and not something easy to recreate.
The die comes with a rectangle cutout for the center of the card. I saw Jennifer McGuire use a circle and the Lawn Fawn Magic Iris Holly Wreath Die to make a card. She also used a large leaf to create an opening. Since I mainly make birthday cards I used a balloon. It was cut out of Kraft cardstock. The center panels were cut from Whisper Cardstock and the sentiment was stamped across the two panels. Acetate was added to the back of the of the balloon cutout panel since the die is so large. This was recommended by Jennifer. To see Jennifer's instructions on how to assemble and get even more ideas see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2Nx1eMrBw&t=741s
I used the small balloons from Simon Says Stamps Balloon Bouquet Die and cut the inside of the balloons from scraps of different colored cardstock. I adhered the balloons from this die on either side of the balloon opening.
For the inside I used the hillside dies that are an add on to the Ta-Da Diorama. I also pulled out a small house and trees from another Simon Says Stamp set I had in my stash. The little flowers are from a very old My Favorite Things Wildflower Centerpieces Die.
I think this is a really cut card, but it was time consuming to create and I'm not sure How often I will recreate cards with it. I think I will make the gift card holder that Jennifer shows in her video for a few special people at Christmas.
· Lawn Fawn Ta-Da Diorama Die
· Simon Says Stamp Cue the Confetti
· Spellbinders Sugar Coated Sentiments
· Simon Says Stamp Balloon Bouquet Die
· Birthday Press Designs Party Balloons Die
· Simon Says Stamp Slimline Snowbanks Die
· My Favorite Things Wildflower Centerpieces Die
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel Die
· Copic Markers: E59, YG17, C6
· Gina K. Designs Blue Raspberry and Blue Denim Inks
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft, Grass Green, Jelly Bean Green, Island Blue, Ocean Mist, Whisper Cardstock
· Yellow and Orange Cardstock from Stash
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Office Depot Acetate
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Spellbinders Floating Balloons 3D Embossing Folder