Balloon Bunch Happy Birthday Wishes
This card was inspired by a posting on Pinterest by Paula Rodas. She had cut two round balloons from a rectangle and turned them into shakers. She added two additional cutout balloons, I like odd numbers and used three.
Once again I used patterned paper from My Favorite Things. I cut two round balloons from a stitched rectangle of white cardstock. Three other balloons were cut from different patterned paper and balloon strings were added to the bottom with liquid glue. Before creating the shakers the word "happy" was cut from red cardstock and laid in place, along with the die cut balloons, to determine where to stamp the secondary sentiment with red ink. Balloon strings were added to the cutout balloons with liquid glue.
Clear acetate was adhered over the back of openings with liquid glue. 3M Foam Tape was added around the die cuts creating wells for the shaker elements. I decided to use gold seed beads in my shakers. Additional foam tape was added to the back of the stitched rectangle to provide support. Squares of patterned paper were adhered in place over the balloon wells by removing the backing paper. The stitched shaker rectangle was then matted with red cardstock and adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase. The sentiment and die cut balloons and strings were adhered with liquid glue.
I don't care how old we are, we all love a shaker card.
· Lawn Fawn Party Balloons
· Penny Black Uplifting Balloons
· Simon Says Stamp Painted Happy Birthday
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot Ink
· My Favorite Things Birthday Blowout 6x6 Paper Pack
· My Favorite Things Party Time 6x6 Paper Pad
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot Base Weight Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Judi Kins Embossable Window Plastic
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Mikuki Seed Beads Honey Butter Mix