Balloon Bouquet Happy Birthday to You
I recently saw Tina Smith create a card by layering all different shapes and sizes of balloons and decided to give it a try. It was harder than I thought it would be. I didn't want the same colors touching each other. I didn't want the same shapes side by side. And, it needed to cover the entire background without gaps between the balloons.
I began by raiding my scraps and selecting different rainbow colored of cardstock and cut balloons from two different die sets, because each had different sizes of similar shapes.
I cut a rectangle of white cardstock and began laying the balloons in place. It took a bit of time to get them where I liked them. Tina had put mirror cardstock behind a few of her balloons, I decided to use glitter cardstock instead. I only layered the glitter cardstock behind the three balloons that I used for the sentiment and I just wasn't in love with the way the card looked, but I'd already put a lot of time and effort into creating it. I decided to cover the small balloons on the four edges of the card with glitter cardstock and liked it much better. I cut down the rectangle to be 3-5/8 x 5-1/8 and then matted it with gold glitter cardstock. It is difficult to adhered paper to glitter cardstock. I used doubled-sided tape to adhere the balloon background to the glitter cardstock.
I decided to add balloon strings to the sentiment balloons and also used Copic Markers to add a little depth and dimension.
This isn't my favorite card, but I'm sure someone will enjoy receiving it.
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Sentiments
· Penny Black Uplifting Balloons
· Lawn Fawn Party Balloons
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Simon Say Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Turquoise, Blue, Purple Cardstock from Scraps
· Barely Art Precision Craft Glue
· Sookwang Double Sided Tape
· Copic Markers: R27, R24, R22; B02, B01, B00, B000; Y08, Y06, Y02