I have used these Spellbinders All the Tools dies on other cards. I had created a card with the tools and a handmade tool box for my son, Christopher. However, my husband liked the card I had created with a tool box so much that he asked if he could use it for a friend's birthday. This is a recreation of the the previous card, using a few different tools and a different sentiment.
This is the perfect card for Chris. He loves working with his hands and it was very important to him that his new house had a shop for all his tools. He is in the process of remodeling his new home and using all the tools.
These dies are very easy to assemble. You have a lot of different pieces that need to be die cut, but it is easy to put them all together.
For the tool box I used a A2 rectangle die to cut out some Kraft cardstock. I then used a small rectangle to cut the center of the panel to create the box and handle. It had to be cut twice to create the length needed for the opening. The panel was dry embossed with a woodgrain folder and then then Gina K. Designs Kraft Ink Cube was ran across the surface to highlight the grains in the wood. Small metal brads were added to the side of the box as accents.
The tools were assembled the way I liked them in the tool box and then Glad Press 'n Seal was used to keep the arrangement together. The box and tools were turned over and low loft foam tape was added to the back.
The front of a side folding A2 cardbase was dry embossed with Stampin' Up's Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. The tool box and tools were then adhered in place by removing the backing paper on the foam tape and using the Press 'n Seal to carefully turn them over and put them in place.
The sentiment was create in Microsoft Word and cut down with the sentiment label die. I decided to add a couple of metal brads to the side of sentiment. It was adhered in place with low loft foam tape and the card was done.
· Spellbinders All the Tools Dies
· Microsoft Word Sentiment with Capri Font
· Copic Markers: R29, R27, R24, R22; E49, E47, E44; E59, E57, E55, E53
· Gina K. Designs Kraft Ink
· Stampin’ Up Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder
· Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
· Createology Basic White Felt
· Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft and Ivory Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle Dies
· Small Brads from Stash
· Simon Say Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive