Alcohol Ink Vellum Overlay Blooming Chrysanthemum Celebrate You
From my previous card I had a small piece of alcohol ink background leftover and decided to create a card using it.
I cut the background down with a smaller stitched rectangle and then went looking for my dies for something I could die cut and add as a vellum overlay. I decided on the lovely Memory Box Blooming Chrysanthemum. I did learn that when cutting with a heavier weight vellum using a intricate die it works best with a metal shim. I ran the vellum die cut through the Xyron Sticker Maker, removed the backing paper and adhered the die cut on the vellum.
For the sentiment I wanted a small banner and Simon Says Stamp's Tiny Words series gives you great sentiments that don't take up a lot of space. I stamped it on black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and used a Pink &Main Sentiment Strip to cut it into a flagged banner.
The focal image was a small rectangle so give visual interest to the image I dry embossed the front of a top folding A2 cardbase with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing folder. To make the focal image stand out even more I matted it with black cardstock. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the rectangle, which was adhered to the front of the cardbase. The same foam tape was used to adhered the sentiment and the card was done.
· Memory Box Blooming Chrysanthemum
· Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
· Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink: Shell Pink, Wild Plum, Crimson
· Alcohol Ink Blending Solution
· Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Blower
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Gina K. Designs Onyx Black Cardstock
· Bazzill 40# Velum
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Xyron Sticker Maker
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
· Pink &Main Sentiment Strip