Alcohol Ink Fantasy Floral Enjoy Your Day
I pulled out my alcohol inks the other day and made a lot of background. I always love the vibrancy of these inks. I am frugal where I can be and don't use the expensive Yupo Paper, instead I use the backside of Kirkland's Glossy Photo Paper, it works wonderfully. I am not going to list the exact colors of alcohol inks I used, because I don't want to discourage you from using what you have. It doesn't matter what purple or blue or green you use. The only drawback about creating these backgrounds is that they are so beautiful you don't want to cover them up. I've tried to use them in unique ways.
This was a gorgeous background. I used some darker blues and greens, along with the gilded alloy and the result was stunning. It was hard to cover it up. The alcohol ink background was cut down using a stitched rectangle.
I decided to add a flower in the lower right of the card and pulled out the Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D Dies. I made this card three times, I just couldn't find the right blues for the layers that would blend with the background. I finally used Copic Markers on the top two layers and it looks lovely on the background. I needed some leaves to go with the flower and the one that came with the die set just didn't look right. I finally decided to use the beautiful Simon Says Stamp Etched Laurel Leaves Dies. They were perfect. I cut them from Simon Says Stamp Gold Pearl Mirror Cardstock and adhered them in place with liquid glue. The flower was adhered with liquid glue over the leaves.
I decided to add a few gold butterflies and a secondary greeting under the die cut "enjoy" that was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with champagne embossing powder. Be careful when embossing the alcohol ink backgrounds can melt with too much heat.
PRODUCTS USED: · Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Painted Enjoy Die
· Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
· Simon Says Stamp Etched Laurel Leaves Dies
· Ranger Blue and Green Alcohol Inks
· Ranger Gilded Alloy Alcohol Ink
· Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
· Copic Markers: B37, B24, B37
· Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio Punch
· Simon Says Stamp Gold Pearl Mirror Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Champagne Embossing Powder