I pulled out my alcohol inks the other day and made a lot of background. I always love the vibrancy of these inks. I am frugal where I can be and don't use the expensive Yupo Paper, instead I use the backside of Kirkland's Glossy Photo Paper, it works wonderfully. I am not going to list the exact colors of alcohol inks I used, because I don't want to discourage you from using what you have. It doesn't matter what purple or blue or green you use. The only drawback about creating these backgrounds is that they are so beautiful you don't want to cover them up. I've tried to use them in unique ways.
For the alcohol background used for this card I pulled out different colors of blues and greens. Once it was dry I die cut five candles and the word "Wish" to use on the card. The candle die has a solid one that can go behind the candles with cutout designs. I cut the background candles from gold mirror cardstock and adhered the two together with liquid glue. A singled layer of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added behind three candles and a double layer behind the middle two candles. Blue sticky back foam was cut with the "Wish" die and the two were adhered together.
A panel of white cardstock was dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder and adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase. The candles and sentiment were adhered in place with liquid glue.
I had originally stamped the word "BIG" before drying embossing the panel, but it got a little lost after the embossing, so I stamped it again on a scrape of green cardstock, cut it down with a sentiment label die, and it with foam tape.
· My Favorite Things Wish Die
· Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles
· Simon Says Stamp Jumbo Stripes
· Ranger Blue and Green Alcohol Inks
· Ranger Gilded Alloy Alcohol Ink
· Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
· Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Lime Green Cardstock from Scraps
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Blue Sticky Back Foam
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder