A Wedding Celebration
The daughter and son of good friends of ours got married and we were in need of a wedding card. This is the second wedding card I made using Simon Says Stamp Sketched Flowers. It makes such a beautiful card. Megan's colors were burgundy, blue, light blue, and gray. I used silver embossing for the gray and think it turned out lovely.
I first stamped the image with a light colored ink and left it in the MISTI so it could be stamped again. I always use this process when coloring with Copic Markers. The embossing can ruin the Copic Marker nibs. Once the coloring was complete I stamped the image again with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it silver. I have the coordinating die and used it to cut out the image. It was used again to cut out some sticky back foam and the two were adhered together by removing the backing paper.
I cut out a rectangle of white cardstock using a Kat Scrappiness Slimline Wonky Rectangle and adhered it to a navy slimline cardbase. The flowers were adhered to the left of the card front with liquid glue. This left space on the right for the sentiment. I recently purchased the Pink Fresh Studio Celebrate Hot Foil Plate and used silver hot foil to create the sentiment. It comes with a coordinating die, both the hot foil sentiment and sticky back foam were cut and then adhered together. I removed the foam from the top of the letter "c" so that it would lie flush where it overlapped.
I love this color combination.
· Simon Says Stamp Sketched Flowers
· Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Silver Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers: B39, B37, B34, B32; B97, B95, B93, B91; RV99, R39, R37; G99, G94; G46, G24, G21; G24, YG61, G21; Y26
· Pink Fresh Studio Hot Foil Celebrate
· Crafter’s Companion Silver Foil
· Kat Scrappiness Slimline Wonky Rectangle
· Darice Sticky Back
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Blue Denim Cardstock