A Blue Flower Bouquet for Julie
My sister Julie has a birthday this coming week. Her favorite color is blue and I decided to use these great flower dies from Spellbinders to cut out different shade of blue cardstock. The centers of the flower were ink blended to add some shading and depth. The flower centers were cut gold mirror cardstock.
I had a hard time getting an arrangement I liked for this card and finally settled on this one, but it wasn't my favorite. It just looked to blah. I decided to take a blue Copic Marker and make the smallest flower a dark blue. That contrast mad all the difference. I also used a green Copic Marker to add to some depth to a few of the leaves. The arrangement was picked up with Glad Press 'n Seal to keep everything together. Tiny thin foam squares were added to the largest flowers and everything else was adhered with liquid glue to a panel of white cardstock that had been cut down using a scalloped rectangle die. I decided to add the panel to a blue cardbase and that pop of color also made the card so much better.
The sentiment was cut from gold mirror cardstock and sticky back foam. Before adhering the secondary sentiment "wishes" was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. The die cut "birthday" was adhered with liquid glue and the card was done.
I had enough flowers and leaves leftover to create another card, adhering them to a smaller scalloped rectangle. I really like them both.
· Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms Dies
· WPlus9 Happy Birthday/Sizzix Celebrate Dies
· My Favorite Things Mini Birthday Wishes/Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
· Copic Markers: G99, YG03, B97
· Altenew Inks: Eastern Sky, Ultramarine, Olive, Moss
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· WorldWinPapers Light Ocean Blue Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Powder Blue, Blue Denim, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Scrapbook Adhesives Thin 3D Foam Squares
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die
· Stampin’ Up Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Simon Says Stamp Mini Blending Brushes
· Waffle Flower Shader Brushes