Calm Waters Enjoy Your Day
Updated: Mar 4, 2021
I made this card with my son in mind. He loves to go canoeing and fishing with his son. His favorite colors are red and blue and so that is the colors I used on the canoes.
I originally stamped it on regular Neenah Classic Crest Cardstock, but this time I wanted to use more watercolors than on the previous card and the paper began to peel. So, I stamped it again on Canson XL Cold Press 140# Watercolor Paper and the result was much better. I still wanted a soft watercolor look, so I used Distress Inks in the coloring. For the tree I used three different colors of green and stippled the color on, giving it a variegated leafy look. I also used stippling to add texture to the beach around the canoes.
I had a panel of lumber embossed Kraft cardstock that I ink blended with brown Distress Inks. I cut down the watercolor panel to leave a border of the lumber background and liked the way it looked. It added to the rustic feel of the card.
· Penny Black Calm Waters
· Poppy Stamps Birthday Blowout
· Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Ground Espresso, Speckled Egg, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Chipped Sapphire, Forest Moss
· Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Sizzix 3D Texture Plate Lumber
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft and Ivory Cardstock
· Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive