Baby Boy Welcome to the World
A family in our church congregation had a baby boy added to the their family this week and I needed a cute image to use for a card. Etsy is one of my favorite placed to find digital stamps. This is a new designer and I really liked the cute little bear wrapped in a blanket of stars.
I pulled the image into the Silhouette Cameo software and sized it to fit an A2 card front, then added registration marks before printing so that the software could cut around the image. I always use a laser printer when coloring with Copic Markers. Ink Jet printers tend to bleed when using alcohol markers.
Once the coloring was complete and the image was cut out I cut a rectangle of Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with a stitched rectangle die and then ink blended with blue ink for the sky. I pulled out the cloud dies from Avery Elle to add to the scene. I laid the bear image on the rectangle to determine where to stamp the sentiment, but it was a little crooked and so I straightened the stamp, stamped it again on a scrap of cardstock, and cut it out using a flag sentiment die and adhered it over the previous stamping with a strip of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. Two of the clouds were adhered with liquid glue and the top one with foam tape. Foam tape was also added behind the focal image and it was adhered in place by removing the backing paper.
The focal image panel was adhered to the front of an A2 top folding cardbase and the card was done. Super cute image and card.
· Star Jam Lines Baby Born Bear Boy Digital Stamp
· Hero Arts Little One
· Copic Markers; E57, E55, E53, E51, E50; B26, B24, B23; Y08, Y06, Y04; YG17, YG05, YG03; B95; R20
· Distress Oxide Faded Jeans
· Avery Elle Pierced Clouds
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Silhouette Cameo