A Valentine's Day Love You to My Family
Updated: Mar 5
I don't usually do holiday cards, other than Christmas, but this year with all the social distancing cards are even more important in expressing to those we love how we feel.
I recently purchased Simon Says Stamp Strip dies. It makes it so easy to create cards using all those scraps of paper you have in your stash. I picked out some pretty pinks and purples, and threw in a little gold mirror cardstock. I covered a piece of typing paper with dotliner adhesive and adhered the paper strips diagonally. Once everything was in place I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle to cut it down to the size of an A2 card. The panel was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase.
For a sentiment I pulled out a die I've had forever from Hero Arts and die cut it from gold mirror cardstock. To help it stand out on the background a little better I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a shadow from vellum. The die cut word was adhered to the vellum with liquid glue and then the secondary sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold.
I made three cards with this color scheme, but my youngest daughter Janae loves turquoise, so I decided to make another card with light pink, turquoise, and gold. This time I didn't add the vellum shadow.
I have to grandsons who are no longer living at home and decided to make cards for them as well. I wanted the color scheme for these cards to be a little more masculine, so I used reds and purple. I love the way they turned out.
· Hero Arts Love and Heart
· Winnie & Walter Big, Bold, and Party
· Simon Says Stamp Strips 1 and 2
· Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Confetti
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle
· Pink & Purple / Pink & Turquoise / Red & Purple Cardstock from Scraps
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Bazzill 140# Vellum (first card only)
· Typing Paper
· Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White Cardstock
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Silhouette Shadow for Die Cut Word and Heart