A Bouquet of Blossoms Get Well Wishes
Updated: Mar 5
I have so many beautiful stamps. Why is it that I feel like I need to buy the newest stamp out there. For this card I pulled out my Waffle Flower Blossom stamp set and it turned out soft and lovely.
I stamped the image with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink onto some Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock, since I planned to use my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers. To help with watercoloring the image I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. This allows you to work on adjacent petals without the colors bleeding together. I decided to use some really soft colors for the flowers and really like the color combination selected. This weekend we had over 12" of snow here in Richland, Washington. These flowers make me long for spring.
To watercolor with ZIG's I add a little color to the base of the petal and pull it up to the end of the petal with a waterbrush. I also scribble a little of the color on a palette so I can drop a little more intense color to the base if needed. If the petal is wet it blends out beautifully.
Once the color was complete I cut down the watercolor image with a stitched rectangle, added sticky back foam to the back and adhered it to a top folding card.
The sentiment was stamped onto a scrap of black cardstock and heat embossed white. I used a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label die to cut it into a strip and then angled the end. It was adhered with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape, which has a lower loft and keeps the card from being too thick to mail.
· Waffle Flower Blossom
· SugarPea Designs Sniffles & Snuggles
· VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
· Hero Arts Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder
· ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 202 Peach Pink, 050 Yellow, 052 Bright Yellow, 083 Lilac, 033 Persian Green, 041 Light Green, 043 Olive Green
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label