A Big Hello
I had ink blended a blue background using the Pretty Pink Posh Triangles on a previous card. This card uses my first attempt. I didn't put the blue inks in the right order for them to be from lightest to darkest and so I redid the ink blending. However, I still had the original ink blended background sitting on my desk and I needed to put it to use. I cut down the background with the largest Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Die, which is 5-1/2 x 4 1/4, covering the entire front of an A2 cardbase. It was adhered in placed with dotliner adhesive.
I had recently purchased Trinity Stamps Big Hello, which not only hot foils the word, but also has a die cut and shadow option as well. I cut the word hello from white cardstock, but felt that it got a little lost on the background. So, I die cut the shadow from Gina K. Designs Blue Denim cardstock and cut the white hello two more times. The white hello die cuts were adhered together with liquid glue and then adhered to the blue shadow. I really liked the way it looked, but I decided to add even more dimension by adding Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape to the back. It was adhered in the middle of the ink blended background and this clean and simple card was done.
· Pretty Pink Posh Triangles Stencil
· Distress Oxide Inks: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Prize Ribbon, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire
· Trinity Stamps Big Hello
· Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangle Die
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# and 110# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Blue Denim Cardstock
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape